Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Blog # 9

How does the combined backward design and technology-rich focus impact your unit design?

Planing my unit design was very eye opening. I feel like I have been blindly following the textbook without giving any thought to what I really want my students to know and do. When I purposefully put my textbook aside and looked at the core standard and what I want my students to accomplish, I was surprised at how much better I can teach my students. I feel like I have missed many opportunities to engage the students in my classroom. 

As I started my unit, I started to think about the end result, the lesson indicator. I then realized that I could create an authentic learning experience for my students while they were learning the content. I have now shifted my focus to utilizing technology towards the creation of projects that will engage my students. Designing these lessons have allowed me to see the freedom I have as a teacher to reach students in my classroom. 


This assignment has changed the way I view teaching. I now can see the way to effectively plan units that don’t follow the worn out model of teaching the content, completing a worksheet, finishing the homework, and taking a quiz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment